Friday, January 19, 2007

Nursery Art


About a year ago I started painting with children in mind. This painting is for a friend of mine who is expecting her third child. She has a boy who just turned four, a daughter in heaven, and soon we will be joined by the younger boy. I wanted to welcome little Jerryd and celebrate his birth, but I also wanted to remember Grace. Grace had such an impact on me and my family and she still does. Alex and I held her the day she was born and felt her spirit still heavy in the room. I cannot begin to explain all that Grace taught me in those moments and all that her mother taught me in the months that followed. I think of her often and I am grateful for her presence in our lives and her footprint on our hearts.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You are so talented! Welcome to the world of blogging.
Amanda