Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Catching Up


One of the places I really struggle as an artist is in documenting my work. I get so caught up in what I am making, I let it go without ever photographing it or noting how and why I made it. Sometimes I forget the process I might have used that makes something special. Sometimes I just can't remember what it is I've been doing.

This weekend, I decided to try to go around the house and photograph everything I have missed documenting over the past few months. Everywhere I turned there was something else that needed to be caught by the camera. I felt like I really accomplished a major task, but I am still thinking of things that have escaped being photographed.


The monster and bulldog dolls were little boredom busters that I created while sitting in front of the tv. Alex and I made half a dozen over the course of about a week and then the urge passed and we moved on to other creations. We are holding on to these two dolls and a third that our youngest son sleeps with. The bulldog is made from a wool sweater that went through the wash and the monster is made from some polartec, left over from baby buntings I made a few years ago.

No comments: