Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Perfect

I love mixing my own glazes. I like the freedom it gives me to experiment. The knowledge of ingredients lets me know what know what to expect as I make changes or layer glazes. Truthfully, I love donning my nerdy mask and eying my scales critically. It fulfills the mad scientist in me.

I also like knowing I can mix glazes and get unique look. However, this glaze, Xavier's Warm Green Jade, is mixed by a huge number of potters. It is a favorite because it is gorgeous and it performs every time! I love the crystallization that occurs on the bottoms of pots with Xavier's. The multiple glassy layers that form in the cooling are always exquisite. And the color! Who can resist jade green and cobalt blue?

5 comments:

letitiah said...

No one. No one can resist jade green and cobalt blue! It's nice, sometimes, to have 'old standards' that you know won't disappoint!

High Desert Diva said...

love that color combo

Crafty Mama said...

Gorgeous colors!

Cynthia said...

I've made Xavier's jade green before myself!

Sugarloaf said...

LOVE this color blend!!!!