Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Step Forward


I have been working on this line of pendants for a few weeks now and I am beginning to get the results I had originally hoped for. While I did toss a whole batch in the trash the other day, over all, I think they are beautiful. Now that I have a line of small items, I am struggling with photographing them. I have photgraphed them indoors and out. I have used a flash and I have tried without. I have used flourescent light, incandescent, and sunlight, both glaring and diffused. And most of the photos go straight into the trash!


Since we had a break from the cold yesterday, Alex and I decided to take the boys to the park. They were suffering terribly of cabin fever. I always take my camera, but as we walked out of the door, I turned back and grabbed a bag full of pendants. I hoped that along with shots of the kids feeding the geese with their hair on end from the static electricity in the slides, I might get a shot or two of the pendants.

The sun was low and the light was really harsh. Everything was making long, hard, shadows. While Alex played with the boys, I crawled around on my hands and knees propping pendants on tree roots, stumps, and park benches. Finally, I got some good shots and now, FINALLY, I can add some pendants to my etsy store, www.intothefire.etsy.com.

No comments: