Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tagged! The Random 8 Meme

I was feeling blue and wondering why no one was commenting on my latest blog post when I noticed a beloved comment! It was from True Mirage and I had been tagged to participate in the Random 8 Meme. Thanks, True Mirage!

Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

8 Random LaPella Art Facts:

1. We own a paint-your-own ceramics shop.
2. We met and fell in love in a paint-your-own ceramics shop.
3. Lisa throws on the wheel backwards, but can throw the "right" way.
4. Alex wants to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. Lisa would like to go, too.
5. We took 15 people on our honeymoon with us, to a cabin with no running water.
6. We sometimes set up our sewing machines at opposite ends of the dining room table to quilt and sew.
7. The International Storytelling Festival is our favorite yearly event.
8. Lisa collects salt and pepper shakers.

In my head, we are much more exciting than that.

The people I am tagging are: Deborah Pottery, Lurearts Ceramics, Harrilu, MAKUstudio, Colorado Art Studio, Meringue, Block Party Press, and LazyT Crochet.

3 comments:

TrueMirage said...

This actually turns out to be a lot of fun! I love paint your own pottery stores. For a while I was trying to paint something in every city I went to that had one. The shipping costs got to be a little much though...

Cynthia said...

Interesting finding out a little bit about the 2 of you!

Back in the day, I worked as a waitress in a small town in PA, and the Appalachian trail used to pass through, nearby and we'd get a few stragglers every now and then off the trail. They were full of gear, hungry for hot food and of course a little stinky. I always enjoyed hearing about their journey.

deborah said...

I can just picture you two sewing at opposite ends of the table! I like this tag buisness... cept I dont know who to link!